- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed well
- 2/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- black pepper
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup chopped parsley
- ½ cup chopped mint
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 large cucumber cut into small pieces
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 eggs
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. When the water boils, reduce heat to medium-low, add the cup of quinoa, and cover.
- Wait 10-15 minutes until the quinoa is tender. Remove it from the saucepan into a bowl and let it stand for about 10 minutes.
- Whisk the lemon, garlic, and the olive oil together. Season it with salt and pepper.
- Add the cucumber, tomatoes, herbs, and scallions to the bowl with quinoa, toss the ingredients. Add the dressing, and toss again.
- Slice the avocado in half, take out the pit. Scoop out 2 tablespoons from the center so the egg properly fits.
- Crack an egg into each avocado half, season with pepper, basil, and any garnish of your choice.
- Place in a preheated oven (425 degrees) for 15-20 minutes.
Bon appétit !