- Where: Within Downtown Dubai and DIFC
- Assembly Point: The Venue, Downtown Dubai
- Date: December 19, 2014
- Time: 7:30 AM
- Entry Fee: 100 AED, Free for participants under 21
- Track: 10k (6.2 miles)
- Apparel: All runners must wear the shirt that will be delivered within the race pack
The Nike Run will take place in Downtown Dubai, around the boulevard. Anyone over 16 years old could participate in the run; however, any runner under 21 will need a signed and submitted parental waiver along with a copy of the guardian ID.
To take part of the race you will need to log on, before the 6th of December, to www.nike.com/werundubai from your mobile or desktop, register, and wait for a confirmation email. You will automatically need to download the Nike+ App (Latest version 4.5) in order to finalize with the registration process. This app is very motivational, and allows you to:
- Get your own Nike+ Coach that will be giving you customized training programs, coaching expertise, and daily workouts to get you ready for the marathon
- Shop Nike
- Connect with friends by being able to tag your Nike+ stats, take photos and share your journey pre, during, and post race.
- Partake in challenges that could be customized by you, or your Nike+ friends
- Manually enter, pause, and resume your runs for easier and more accurate results
The Nike event offers Nike+ Run Clubs every week in order to get as ready as possible for the race. It is free and open to runners of all levels. They take place in the following locations:
- The Gate Building, DIFC. Tuesday 7 pm
- Burj Park Island, Downtown Dubai. Friday 7am
- Al Ittihad Park, The Palm Jumeirah. Sunday 7 pm
Log on, register, and be part of the movement !