These were SO easy to make and tasted absolutely delicious ! Who doesn’t love guilt-free snacks? All you need is the following:
- 4 medium ripe but firm bananas
- 8 wooden sticks (They could be popsicle sticks, skewer sticks, or even chopsticks)
- 5 ounces good quality dark chocolate, chopped (I used Dark Lindt, 85% cacao)
- 1 small container Organic Vanilla Yogurt (I used Rachel’s Organic Low Fat Vanilla)
- 1 cup Granola (I used dorset cereals that included cranberry, cherry, and almond)
- Peel the bananas, and cut them in half crosswise
- Place the granola on a plate
- Insert the stick into the large end of each banana
- Melt the chocolate on the top of a double boiler over slightly simmering water, on low heat, stirring frequently (this should take about 5-8 minutes). When the chocolate is completely melted, place the liquid into a tall glass
- Dip each banana into the melted chocolate, shake off excess, and roll them into the granola to coat. Then place the banana on a tray with wax paper. Repeat this step for as many bananas as you want
- For the Frozen Yogurt & Granola Banana Pops, repeat the same procedure as above, but this time you will be dipping the bananas into the yogurt (or use a pastry brush), then roll them into the granola to coat before placing them on the tray
- Place the tray in the freezer for about an hour and serve.
YUM! Bon appétit!