Why miss out on dessert when it can be guilt-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, AND delicious? Satisfy your cravings with this silky smooth chocolate-avocado mousse!
Let your friend, significant other, brother, sister, or anyone that “hates” healthy food, and that might get nauseous by simply hearing the words avocado and chocolate in the same sentense, well let them taste this pudding, and TRUST me, they will never guess that it contains any avocado in there
The avocados are there as a replacement of heavy cream, and eggs, and to also make the mousse thick and smooth, while offering healthy fats, fiber, and lots of vitamins
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 1 and ½ ripe avocado
- 100g dark chocolate
- 1/3 cup raw/unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Scoop the flesh of the avocado into the food processor, or blender. Add the cocoa powder, milk, vanilla, honey or maple syrup, and coconut oil. Blend for 10 seconds, scrape down the sides, and process again for 10 seconds until it’s smooth, but not liquid
- Melt the dark chocolate over a pan of shallow, simmering water
- Add the melted chocolate, and process for another 10 seconds until creamy, and spoon into serving glasses
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour
- Add fruits of your choice, and voila!