Are your mornings usually super busy? Are you tired of not knowing what to order for breakfast when you’re sitting on your desk at work? Then these protein-packed, nutritious and delicious egg muffins are perfect for you!
They are the perfect on-the-go breakfast, just cook a large batch, keep them in the fridge in an airtight container, take them with you to work, or pop one in the microwave for around 30-40 seconds and eat it in your car if you’re in hurry!
They also look super cute might I add, next time you are having people over for brunch, place them on the table and wait for the compliments to come your way! they’re colorful, they look just like a regular muffin, and they taste so good
What’s fun about this recipe is that you can customize it to your liking. You could add goat cheese, salmon, turkey bacon, kale, you could garnish it with any cheese that you’d like… the list goes on and on
Ingredients (12 servings)
- 9 eggs
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 medium size tomatoes – finely chopped
- 2 bell peppers of your choice – finely chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms – finely chopped
- 1/3 cup onions – finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Chop the tomatoes, bell peppers, the mushrooms, and place in one plate.
- Finely chop the onions
- In a non-stick skillet, add the olive oil on medium-high heat, and add in the onions. Keep stirring until the onions become tender and brown, then add in the chopped tomatoes, the bell peppers, and the mushrooms
- Season with cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper, and keep stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add in the spinach leaves, and stir some more for another 2-3 minutes.
- Grease the pan with cooking spray, and fill the cups with the vegetables first
- Pour in the whisked eggs on top of the vegetables – be careful not to overfill the cups! Fill them to 2/3 full
- Place in a pre-heated oven (150 Celsius) for 20 minutes
- Sprinkle some feta cheese / any cheese of your liking on top, and voila! Serve immediately, or refrigerate them for up to 5 days!